I was given the “Versatile Blogger Award” by The Praying Mom. Many thanks to this sweet young mom! You should go check out her blog and meet her and her family.
The “rules” are:
1. Thank the blogger who gave it to you
2. List 7 things that people may not know about you;
3. Pass the love to 15 deserving bloggers (I think I’m going to just refer you to my blogroll!)
4. Let them know that you gave them an award.
Hmmm. Seven things you may not know about me. After 3 years of blogging, it seems to me that I have probably already told you everything that I’d be willing to tell you about me in such a public venue. I’ll try to come up with 7 things, but forgive me if you know them already.
- I have a tattoo and I wish I didn’t. It’s not offensive or anything nor is it seen by others most of the time. I won’t say I “hate” it and I’ve never considered having it removed. I’ve actually thought to have the color freshened up. My thought is: since I have it, it may as well not look so faded, but if I could go back all those years, knowing who I am now, I wouldn’t do it.
- I only wear Birkenstocks. Unless I have to wear something formal (RARE) and then I’ll make sure I have a very long skirt and I’ll wear little ballet-type slippers. I have “flintstone feet” and regular women’s shoes simply do not fit me. Regular shoes, even “wides” do not fit my very wide feet and my high arches.
- I “suffer” from “Road Aggravation”. I hate dealing with stupid, slow drivers and by slow, I mean those going UNDER the speed limit and those drivers who think the left lane on the highway is their exclusive property no matter how slowly they want to drive. This makes driving in the South Austin/Lakeway/Bee Caves area (three times a week) extremely painful and aggravating to me. (I mean, come on! Really?? 40mph in a 65mph zone???!!!!!) I constantly “holler” at the other drivers, though I usually temper what I say (limiting it to things like, “COME ON! MOVE!!!!!) I don’t cuss at them, but sometimes, if I’m really aggravated, they earn the title of “dummy.” *sigh*
- I have a complex system for eating m&m’s. They have to be eaten in pairs, colors must be eaten in a specific order and when there are odd colors left, there is a complicated method of color combining that I “must” follow.
- Insects and spiders don’t typically creep me out or bother me. I find mosquitos and flies annoying, of course. They truly are pests. As long as they’re not taking over or kicking me out of my bed, spiders are welcome to build their webs in the corners to help take care of the flies and mosquitos. Insects and spiders, over all, just don’t bother me and I find many of them fascinating!
- I am sensitive to smells. My kids can’t have smelly gum or candy in the car, they are to spray their cologne/perfume AFTER they get to where they’re going. Strong smells (and not just strong “odors”) really get to me.
- In my 11 years of being a knitter, I’ve only ever knit one thing for myself. A beautiful pair of socks that I loved. And the cat ate them and the cat still lives.