We received some encouraging news today.
First, the orthopedic NP we saw (and the clinic in general) measures the curves a bit differently than the radiologist did. They consider that there is one “major” curve and that the second curve is “compensatory.” Measuring kind of between the two curves, they came up with 24° rather than the 26° and 32°. They were not overly concerned about that degree of curve.
They will see her again in 4 months to check for change. They are delaying it that long because at this point, TheMadHatter is nearing skeletal maturity. They believe that while it is possible that it could worsen, it is likely to be just about as bad as it is going to get. That is encouraging.
Of course, we will still consult with the chiropractor and get his opinion and hear what treatment plans he might offer and see if we can get any correction.
I thank you all so very much for your concern and your prayers. Keep them coming! We thank Our Lord for this positive appointment and the hopeful prognosis.