- Chief set up screen sharing on one of the kids’ computers so that I can get to my computer via theirs and use a real display and real keyboard. If I remember correctly, this is my old computer. it feels strange to type on it.
- Last night, I managed to sleep long and deeply and not do anything crazy under the influence of the halcion. Whew! However, I also didn’t get up and do any cleaning. That would have been welcome, I think. Oh, well. I do have a bit of a “hangover” though and Chief woke me up at 7:45!! I’ve slept half of the morning away
- I enjoyed the Superbowl. It was a good game. I was glad to see the Saints win. I guessed half of the score right. I was pulling for the Colts to get one more TD (so I could have been right!) but to blow the onside kick they surely would have tried so that they could not tie it.🙂 Come to think of it, I only remember seeing 2 onside kicks in my life and they were both this year and thy both were a fantastic, successful and gutsy calls.
- Why is it that we humans so often put our own way of doing and thinking on others? Why do we assume that if someone does (or doesn’t do) X that it MUST mean what it would mean if WE behaved the same way? Why do we insist that others respond to us in the same way we think we would respond if we were in the same position? I am beginning to think a whole lot of hurt feelings and misunderstandings result from such things. Why is it that we can’t back off and allow others to do things in ways that they can instead of insisting they do things our way? Do people REALLY think that if Mr. leaves his coffee cups everywhere that it means he doesn’t love Mrs. if she’s asked him not to? Sure, he needs to be more considerate… I’m not excusing him completely, but to take it to the point where it is interpreted to mean a lack of love is, in my opinion, ridiculous. Why do people do that to each other? As far as I can see, that only sets up a situation where everyone loses. (for the record, coffee cups are not an issue here! LOL… it’s just a made up example of the kind of thing that is on my mind.)
- I lost an email subscriber. to my blog I’m sorry to see you go, but I can’t say that I blame you!
- I still have more looking around to do, but it seems that to replace the entire display portion of my computer (everything from the hinges up) will cost about $850. I can get a new one for bout twice that. I don’t know if spending half of the price of a new one to fix an old one is prudent. Then again, we could save half of the money…. *sigh*
- I am listening to the Percy Jackson books on audiobook. They are interesting. Not GREAT, but good enough and a nice change from repeatedly listening to the old ones that I kept cycling through! I think I’m discovering that I’ve been spoiled by Jim Dale and Rob Inglis as narrators. They are the best I’ve come across yet. The others just don’t meet my expectations after listening to those two. Having a good narrator makes such a difference in audiobooks!
- Spilling my brain is having a negative affect on me. As I sit here typing, my head and stomach are feeling more and more off. I think I might lie down for while. Only 3 hours until I take my next dose of halcion. ugh.
Have a great day!