Therese over at Aussie Coffee Shop has a weekly meme called 5mart Martha Monday. Each Monday, she (and others) blog 5 goals for the week. It is a very simple meme (my kind of meme!) Therese sums it up in this way:
Each week you choose 5 things you want to accomplish that make you a smart Martha.
First, let me fess up to last week. I didn’t do all that well. Of course, it started with being sidetracked with ironing, but that was a good kind of sidetracked. (by the way, I did get a new ironing board. A plain, ordinary ironing board. Yay.) The rest of the week… well, I don’t know what was up.
I only got one Martha done. I cleared the surface of my desk. It is threatening to become a wreck again, so it goes on the list again. (you should not extract from this that the only thing I did was clear the desk surface… that’s the only thing I did from the list!) I did several Marys but not all of them. I prayed the rosary and chaplet, but not quite everyday. I worked at practicing patience, but lost a couple of battles (the war is not over!) I had a couple of days with that hour set aside, but not most days. You get the picture. I did make progress, but didn’t exactly succeed.
I am not discouraged. It is a new week, full of new possibilities and I’m ready to make another list and give it another shot.
1) Clean and organize 2 closets (mine and the craft closet.)
2) Sort and wrap the Christmas gifts already purchased. They’re piling up in my closet!
3) Reign the desk mess back in and keep it that way.
4) Work on the baptismal garment
5) Fold and put away all of the laundry that gets done this week… on the same day the load is washed!
1) Pray the rosary each day
2) Pray the chaplet of Divine Mercy each day
3) Do at least the morning prayer of the Liturgy of the Hours
4) Read the daily scripture readings each day and also read for at least 15 minutes from one of the books in the pile. (I will probably choose from: The End, The Fulfillment of All Desire, and Pocket Retreat for Catholics [this little book is quite a gem. I wish it were still in print.] Of course, the pile is huge, so something else may make its way into my hands. I am asking the Holy Spirit to put into my hands whatever I need to read the most this week.)
5) Continue to work on the virtue of patience.