Therese over at Aussie Coffee Shop has a weekly meme called 5mart Martha Monday. Each Monday, she (and others) blog 5 goals for the week. It is a very simple meme (my kind of meme!) Therese sums it up in this way:
Each week you choose 5 things you want to accomplish that make you a smart Martha.
This week I’ve got a few more than 5 important goals. They are pretty easy to divide into 2 groups: The temporal and the spiritual. While this is actually 10 things, it is 5 of each. Maybe mine is a little more Martha and Mary!
Here are my Marthas (temporal/practical work goals):
1) Clean and organize my closet and the craft closet
2) Get a menu plan together and stick to it!
3) Work on a convalidation (not sure what can be done this week, but whatever I can do, I will)
4) Clear the surface of my desk again and keep it clear
5) Get to between ⅓ and ½ of the baptismal garment edging done. I will need to do about six pattern repeats a day to get on track. Eeep. That may not be a realistic goal, but I’m going to try.
Here are my Marys (spiritual goals):
1) pray the rosary everyday
2) pray the chaplet of divine mercy everyday
3) practice the virtue of patience in my home (pms should kick into high gear by the end of the week, so this could be a challenge!)
4) carve out at least one, straight hour each day for dedicated prayer and protect it!
5) fast one day this week
So, yeah, this isn’t quite what Therese does, but I think it works for me! If you’d like to share your 5 goals, head over to Therese’s post for this week and leave a comment letting her know you’ve blogged about them.