Thanks to Darcee at Simply Catholic for this format!
Reflections – 4 May 2009.
It is a lovely morning! Sunny, breezy, 63° and no longer humid! I have laundry on the line this morning.
Plans for this week – school work, house work, food shopping, Barnes and Noble for some Shakespeare and maybe another knitting book!
I am wearing – jeans and a t’shirt
I am feeling – frustrated, agitated, confused
I am hearing – Cranium Conga game playing. The Boy (LittleDood) loves that music.
I am thankful for – being able to use the clothesline today.
I am wondering why – I am feeling frustrated, agitated, confused
I am contemplating -the stuff I’m reading in The Fulfillment of All Desire by Ralph Martin.
In prayer – Matthew Karol, CarKiller, SoldierBoy and more
Chief: working on a resume for a new position he is applying for
SoldierBoy: is doing well. spoke to him yesterday
CarKiller: called yesterday… a 30 second morale call. it did do a lot for my morale!
GuitarGirl: didn’t have anywhere to go nor anything to do yesterday! love it!
MissKaboom: is wearing pants that make me dizzy to look at them
MissCreativity: is SO her mother! We went to the “outlet mall” that is not far from here and she and I were the most miserable. Ugh. Hate, hate, hate shopping. It really ruined my day. Seriously, I couldn’t shake the crappy mood it put me in [and then to top it off, there was dinner… see entry under “Kitchen” below]. At least she recovered once it was over!
LittleDood: can’t get enough outside time… too bad it’s so muddy. he got the cutest little converse high tops yesterday. Once i get the *#!!*# mud off of them, I’m going to get a picture. They are really, really cute!
Kitchen – Will be creating a menu for the week today. I’m frustrated with not getting input from the family, but certainly “getting the message” when they are less than pleased with my choices or my inability to choose. I started a new plan. Whatever I think of first is what I’ll go with ~ even if they don’t like it, even if I don’t like it. Yesterday, that meant sloppy joes. GROSS. Oh well, at least they liked them. [BLECH!]
In our my craft room: I didn’t do the dyeing, but there is time. I have a cable sweater on the needles as well as a pair of socks and a sleep sack. I ordered some Chestnut Bay sock yarn. Actually, i purchased 2 of their Sports Team Sock Club, plus one more custom skein. I spent (a lot) more than I typically, would, but I used birthday money, so I decided to splurge one time on this great yarn. (i know it’s great because I got some on clearance. LOVELY!) I have a bit of birthday money left and plan to order from WoollyBaaBaa today.
In our school: Today will be nothing special, extraordinary or even fun. We just need to catch up on some basics and get back into our routine.
Lucky Room(s) of the week: LittleDood’s room as well as giving the living room a good cleaning/tidying.
- The Rosary
- Mother Nadine
- C.S. Lewis’ Space Trilogy
My Reading –
- The Fulfillment of All Desire
- This is a fantastic book Really, truly, fantastic.
- Holy Hour on Wednesday from 3 to 4. It went very well with the woman who was there when we arrived. I just told her that we wanted to be able to start out our hour with a chaplet of Divine Mercy and I also mentioned something about LittleDood and she was simply wonderful about it all. She encouraged me to let the little one be a little one because he did not understand, but Our Lord (and apparently she!) does understand. We spent a great hour that, for me, was too short! 🙂
- Controlling the tongue. That is what I’m working on. I won’t say “this week” because, as James says (James 1:26, and all of chapter 3!), it is such an unruly member, I suspect that even with copious amounts of grace, it will take a bit longer than that.
- Working on detachment! I have too much of myself invested in things that, while good, in and of themselves, are a distraction, a source of confusion, or frustration and even sometimes pain. I’m pulling way back on just about everything and discerning through the value of everything in my life. It’s kind of like completely emptying a drawer or closet and then one item at a time, placing that which is worth keeping back in and moving other things to other places or getting rid of them altogether. I need to start fresh, figuring out what goes in and what just goes.
My meditation for the Day –
Sermon 29 on The Song of Songs, St Bernard of Clairvaux
So when an offence is committed against you, a thing hard to avoid at times in communities [families!?] like ours, do not immediately rush, as a worldly person may do, to retaliate dishonorably against your brother; nor, under the guise of administering correction, should you dare to pierce with sharp and searing words one for whom Christ was pleased to be crucified; nor make grunting, resentful noises at him, nor mutter and murmur complaints, nor adopt a sneering air, nor indulge the loud laugh of contempt, nor knit the brow in menacing anger. Let your passion die within, where it was born; a carrier of death, it must be allowed no exit or it will cause destruction, and then you can say with the Prophet: “I was troubled and I spoke not. “
Here is a picture thought I am sharing:
God bless you!!!!