Thanks to Darcee at Simply Catholic for this format!
Reflections on the Day for 30 December 2008.
BRRRRR. IT’S COLD AGAIN! The weather is just weird for here. One day a/c the next heat.
Plans for this week – Meeting with a recruiter, making lesson plans, making a menu, grocery shopping, general declutter and getting the play room in order! WHAT A MESS!
I am wearing – jeans and a long-sleeved t-shirt
I am feeling – Tired, but good
I am hearing – The central heat running, the fish tank filter dripping.
I am thankful for – My faith, my family, my friends. A warm house, food in the fridge. Freedom and the service men and women who ensure it for us. And, of course, SoldierBoy having been home for a few days over Christmas.
In prayer – The babies, the nation, my husband, my children and friends. CarKiller’s enlistment process. All of my godchildren!!! A little girl named Grayson who is very ill and waiting for a heart transplant
- SoldierBoy- wen back to California. He has a pass for the New Year holiday and is off to Las Vegas with some friends
- CarKiller- has a meeting with his recruiter this morning and will be making his decision about which direction to go very soon
- GuitarGirl- is still being very helpful. She is planning a trip with Sea Scouts for the middle of next month
- MissKaboom- her big thrill for the week is that she found jeans that fit her! She’s rather slender, but long-legged and has trouble finding jeans that fit the way she likes.
- MissCreativity- is loving all of her Christmas treasures and just creates all day long.
- LittleDood- has discovered the joys of painting at his easel and cooking in his new kitchen. He is just busy all the time now!
Kitchen – Planning a menu for several weeks, looking to cooking ahead where I can.
Garage – We never did find the Christmas stuff, so it’s time to figure out how to handle the garage mess. One thing I’m considering is renting a storage unit.
The rest of the house – the floors need a good mopping!
House: – General tidying
Knitting – finish a couple of WiP’s, cast on a couple of new ones… when the others are finished
New Year – make some resolutions for the new year. There is something about changing the calendar that motivates me to want to take on various things in myself, the family, the house, and school.
School – Time to look for enrichment activities for the things coming up… one thing we’ll be doing is going to Dallas to see the King Tut exhibit. No one is studying Ancient Egypt this year, but we’ll do a quick overview of what we’ve done in the past, read about Tutenkhamun, etc. to prepare for this trip. We may wait until April to do this, though. We’ve got a few things on the calendar between now and then.
In our my craft room: KNITTING, KNITTING, KNITTING!!!
My iPod – Fellowship of the Ring ~ only about one and a half discs left… boohoo! What shall I do when it is over?! It is finished. I’ve listened to it all. <sniff, sniff> I wish I had the next one. Maybe Ill order it soon… but Amazon has gotten so much of our money already! 🙂 I am completely bored not having LOTR to listen to anymore.
My pleasant thought for the Day –
“ Do not love the world or the things of the world. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, sensual lust, enticement for the eyes, and a pretentious life, is not from the Father but is from the world. Yet the world and its enticement are passing away. But whoever does the will of God remains forever. ”
1 John 2
Here is a picture video thought I am sharing with you –
A boy after me own heart!
He sat there for the longest time replaying that video and “knitting”.