Thanks to Darcee at Simply Catholic for this format!
Reflections on the Day for 21 December 2008.
BRRRRR. IT’S COLD AGAIN! The weather was freezing early last week. Then it warmed up. We turned the a/c back on! Now it’s 32° again.
As I ramp up to be busily finishing things, I’ve decided to post this “Reflections” a bit early.
Plans for this week – Advent crafts and activities, baking, decorating, and knitting…. lots of knitting!!
I am wearing – jeans and a BROWN shirt
I am feeling – Excited! I’ve got so many things done and that which is not yet done, I have a handle and direction on. It’s all going to be fine!
I am hearing – The central heat running, the dryer tumbling.
I am thankful for – My faith, my family, my friends. A warm house, food in the fridge, packages under the tree. Freedom and the service men and women who ensure it for us.
In prayer – The babies, the nation, my husband, my children and friends. CarKiller’s enlistment process, our dear, dear pastor, Fr. R. All of my godchildren!!!
- SoldierBoy- comes home again in jut a couple of days!
- CarKiller- is taking the necessary steps, making necessary plans, and weighing options for going into the military
- GuitarGirl- she’s planned and managed her Sea Scout Christmas party and has been SO helpful around here. God bless her! God love her! I don’t know how we’d manage without her.
- MissKaboom- is still worn out from the performances and a sleepover she had on Friday night.
- MissCreativity- is still nonstop crafting these days.
- LittleDood- can’t be any cuter if he tried. Sometimes he’s, um, a little intense, when he’s tired, but who isn’t?.
Kitchen – Baking, baking and more baking! Also heating up brisket for the party and making chernobyl beans.
Garage – Find the Christmas stuff!!!!!!!
The rest of the house – just routine, daily stuff. well, except for the floors. there’s nothing routine about that! eeek!
House: – General tidying
Knitting – too much to list!
Christmas – finish the bit of shopping left and wrap that. Otherwise, I’M SO READY!
In our my craft room: KNITTING, KNITTING, KNITTING!!!
My iPod – Fellowship of the Ring
My pleasant thought for the Day –
“For it is in giving that we receive.”
St. Francis of Assisi
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you –
Every year, the neighboring town’s fire department, with help from their police department, drives around greeting kids and tossing candy. The road behind our house is the boundary between our two towns, so we get to see them, too. We look forward to it every year!
LittleDood, fresh from the bath (!!!!!) was hurried out just in time to see the “fat guy”. He thought it was great… as long as he doesn’t have to get too close! And let me add…. it’s a very good thing it was so nice and warm yesterday!! I mean he was barely out of the bath!
LittleDood loves candy canes!
MissKaboom caught this view at sunset yesterday.