Thanks to Darcee at Simply Catholic for this format!
Reflections on the Day for 9 December 2008.
Today is the Feast of Juan Diego!
Plans for this week – Advent crafts and activities, baking, decorating, maybe a little school. Ditch and Stitch tonight!
I am wearing – jeans and a black tee
I am feeling – anticipation
I am hearing – The kettle boiling
I am thankful for – My faith, my family, my friends,
In prayer – The babies, the nation, my husband, my children and friends. A friend who is newly expecting, another friend who thinks she may be, a friend who has to have a difficult conversation with her mother, another friend who had a difficult experience a week or so ago and is trying to find her way to cope with the fallout. All of my godchildren!!!
- SoldierBoy- comes home again in a couple of weeks (again for just a few days, but I’ll happily take it!)
- CarKiller- is taking the necessary steps, making necessary plans, and weighing options for going into the military
- GuitarGirl- is preparing for “A Christmas Story” where she is a tech. She continues to write beautiful music.
- MissKaboom- is also preparing for “A Christmas Story” in which she has a small part.
- MissCreativity- is chomping at the bit to learn to use my sewing machine.
- LittleDood- has been, well, a bit of a pistol lately. I guess it’s only fair that I have to deal with that like every other parent on the planet.
Kitchen – Baking, baking and more baking!
The rest of the house – just routine, daily stuff
House: – Tidy up the garage
Knitting – too much to list!
Christmas – wrap gifts
In our craft room: Finding a craft to celebrate the Feasts of Juan Diego and Our Lady of Guadalupe.
(THIS site has a few other saints coloring sheets, too.)
Domestic-Church.Com has this Paper Bag Tilma craft (can be used either today or on Friday, Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.)
The Crayola site has a cute, simple craft for either Juan Diego’s feast of the Feast of OLG. I am not endorsing their commentary (which I did not read thoroughly) but I think the craft idea is pretty neat and pretty simple.
My iPod – Fellowship of the Ring…
My Reading – Mike Huckabee’s book, Do the Right Thing. Our friends, Mike and Cathy. got a signed copy for us when Mike Huckabee was in town for a book signing. Also picking up Deep Conversion, Deep Prayer OR Seeking Spiritual Direction again. Love those books.
My pleasant thought for the Day –
The Most Holy Trinity, Father, Son and Holy Spirit loves me with a perfect love, just as I am, at all times.
This message brought to you by your friendly, neighborhood knitter!
Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you –