Happy New Year! The liturgical year begins anew today. We begin the year, as always, with longing and preparation for the birth of the Messiah.
I have some good news that you may not have heard!
Kregel Publishing has picked up Jotham’s Journey by Arnold Ytreeide! This great book has been out of print for a while. The used copies got up to $100 per copy! As far as I can tell, Jotham’s Journey, the first of three books for Advent, is the only one that is back in print (you can still find them used for ridiculous prices, though.) The list price is 10.99, but Amazon’s price, as of today, is $8.79 and it is eligible for free super saver shipping (minimum order must be $25.)
So, as we begin this holy season of Advent 2008, I hope to record various things we will be doing to celebrate the season and prepare for Christmas. I will make daily (I hope!) posts about this and will also create a new page (see tab at top) to put it all in one place.
30 November 2008
First Sunday of Advent
Plans to celebrate the day:
- Pray: Blessing of the Advent wreath and Chaplet of Divine Mercy
- Read: Jotham’s Journey
- Craft: Advent Calender out of fabric (plan and prepare) make Jesse Tree symbol ~ Creation (first symbol) make weeks of Advent Poster
- Activity/Outing: (maybe) get a tree
- From the Oven: Vanille kipferle (if not today, then tomorrow!)
- Other: Start wrapping gifts (if possible),
…………………write a “New Year Cleaning plan”
…………………dig out decorations
Not listed above as an Advent activity, but still a priority: watch the Packer’s game. 😀